Want to take the first step in your career as a professional diver? Start with the PADI Divemaster program at Sea Spirit Diving Resort in Taormina, Sicily, Italy! Working closely with a PADI Instructor, expand your theoretical knowledge and bring your scuba diving skills to a professional level. The PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise diving activities and act as an assistant while conducting training student divers. The PADI Divemaster certification is a requirement for participation in courses PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
What you learn:
You learn the necessary skills to dive as a leader through formal lectures and individual studies. Complete water skills and stamina, as well as training exercises that sharpen your organizational skills, problem-solving and helping others improve their scuba skills. You will put this knowledge in to practice in a series of practical training exercises.
What you can teach:
After being certified as a PADI Divemaster, you will be authorized to:
– Supervise educational activities, both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and conducting dives
– Assist a PADI Instructor during training sessions of any PADI diving course
– Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkeling program
– Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
– Conduct the PADI Scuba Review
– If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving.
– Acquire the PADI degree for Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor, in order to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer
– Independently guide Open Water Diver students on the tour portion of training dives 2, 3 and 4 of the PADI Open Water Diver, with two student divers per certified Divemaster
– Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor swimming on the surface to and from the point of entry / exit and during exercise navigation or when the instructor conducts a skill, such as the descent or ascent, a Divemaster can remain with other student divers (with a single student or a pair)
– Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
– Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
– After participants in Discover Scuba Diving have successfully completed their first dive with a PADI Instructor, accompany them on dives under the indirect supervision of the instructor
– Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing the Emergency First Response Instructor
– Be at least 18 years old
– Being a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold an equivalent certification from another certification organization)
– Being a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold an equivalent certification from another certification organization)
– Have certified Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or other qualifying training in CPR / First Aid, issued by another organization within the previous 24 months)
– Have logged at least 40 dives to start the course and 60 for certification
– Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
Read more about the Divemaster Internship with Sea Spirit Diving Resort at the section career!
Course to become a professional diverMin. 1 month (Class, pool and sea)Professional certificationAge: + 18 years