Want to take the first step in your career as a dive professional? Start with the PADI Divemaster program at Sea Spirit Diving Resort in Taormina, Sicily, Italy! Working closely with a PADI Instructor, expand your theoretical knowledge and bring your scuba diving skills to a professional level. The PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities – qualifies you to supervise diving activities and assist instructors during dive courses. The PADI Divemaster certification is a prerequisite for the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
What you learn:
You learn the necessary skills to be a dive leader through lectures and individual study. Complete water skills and training exercises that sharpen your organizational skills, problem-solving and ability to help others improve their scuba skills. You will apply this knowledge in a series of practical training exercises.
What you can teach:
After being certified as a PADI Divemaster, you will be authorized to:
– Supervise educational activities, both training and non-training-related activities by planning, organizing and conducting dives
– Assist a PADI Instructor during training sessions of any PADI diving course
– Conduct the PADI Skin Diver course and PADI Discover Snorkelling program
– Conduct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience
– Conduct the PADI Scuba Review
– If qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently conduct the PADI Discover Scuba Diving.
– Acquire the PADI degree for Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor, in order to teach the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer
– Independently guide Open Water Diver students on the tour portion of training dives 2, 3 and 4 of the PADI Open Water Diver, with a ratio of 2 student divers per certified Divemaster
– Accompany Open Water Diver students under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor swimming on the surface to and from the point of entry / exit and during navigation exercises or when the instructor conducts a skill, such as the descent or ascent, a Divemaster can remain with other students (with a single student or a pair)
– Accompany student divers during Adventure Dives or Specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
– Conduct the PADI Seal Team Skin Diver Specialist AquaMission
– After participants in Discover Scuba Diving have successfully completed their first dive with a PADI Instructor, accompany them on dives under the indirect supervision of the instructor
– Teach Emergency First Response courses after successfully completing the Emergency First Response Instructor
– Be at least 18 years old
– Being a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold an equivalent certification from another certification organization)
– Being a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold an equivalent certification from another certification organization)
– Have certified Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or other qualifying training in CPR / First Aid, issued by another organization within the previous 24 months)
– Have logged at least 40 dives to start the course and 60 for certification
– Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the previous 12 months.
Read more about the Divemaster Internship with Sea Spirit Diving Resort at the section career!
Course to become a professional diverMin. 1 month (Class, pool and sea)Professional certificationAge: + 18 years